[Skip to Content]
Wirral University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Results for: "elderly"

7 pages found in the Patients and Visitors website ...  Showing 7 pages.

Page results

Elderly Services (DME)

Last updated on Tuesday, May 2, 2023

What we do Our Department of Medicine for the Elderly (DME) includes elderly rehabilitation services, acute stroke and stroke rehabilitation, as well as a regional Neurological Rehabilitation Unit. Over the past few years we have appointed new consultants in stroke medicine, orthogeriatrics, co...

read more
Tag:   elderly (3)     older (2)     age (5)     aged (1)     community (4)     othogeriatrics (1)     gastroenterology (4)     heart failure (1)     stroke (8)     heart attack (1)     cardiovascular (1)     movement (1)     hip replacement (1)     rapid (1)     access (3)     clinic (21)     OPRA (1)    

DME at Arrowe Park Hospital

Last updated on Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Arrowe Park Hospital has acute Medicine for the Elderly beds on four wards and, in addition, a 26 bed Acute Stroke Unit. There are two general rehabilitation wards for older people consisting of a total of 40 to 43 beds, and an active Orthogeriatric Liaison Service. The department also hosts an e...

read more
Tag:   elderly (3)     older (2)     age (5)     stroke (8)     acute (5)     rehabilitation (9)     Orthogeriatric (1)     Geriatric (1)     winter (1)    

Stroke Research

Last updated on Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Study Title – ELAN - Early versus Late initiation of direct oral Anticoagulants in post-ischaemic stroke patients with atrial fibrillation: an international, multicentre, randomised-controlled, two-arm, assessor-blinded trial  Principal Investigator: Dr Brian Menezes  Research Nurse: Venetia Jo...

read more

Wirral Transfer of Care Hub

Last updated on Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A new Transfer of Care hub at Wirral University Teaching Hospital is ensuring patients who no longer need to be in hospital are back home as soon as they are well. Since the hub was set up in July this year, the number of people in hospital beds waiting to go home or into community care placemen...

read more

General Anaesthesia

Last updated on Tuesday, April 10, 2018

If you are having a general anaesthetic, it will be given to you by an anaesthetist, either as a liquid that is injected into your veins through a cannula (a thin, plastic tube that feeds into a vein, usually on the back of your hand) or gas that you breathe in through a mask.Your anaesthetist wi...

read more

Good Night Sleep Tight

Last updated on Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Laurence McKenna PhD February 2005 © British Tinnitus Association This information is not a substitute for medical advice. You should always see your GP / ENT Consultant Insomnia is defined, amongst other things, as difficulty in falling and/or staying asleep. Mild sleep disturbances are very...

read more

  • 1