Diversity and Inclusion
Wirral University Teaching Hospital is committed to ensuring that Diversity and Inclusion is integrated in business as usual.
Our vision is to create an environment for patients and staff where the principles of equality legislation are fully embraced and where people feel respected, valued and treated with dignity, with better health outcomes for all.
Our aim is to ensure that our services are accessible to all members of our community, that they are delivered equally regardless of any differences and that our staffing reflects the communities we serve.
The Trust is required to ensure it upholds the provisions contained within related legislation such as the Equality Act 2010 along with its Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) and therefore requires public bodies to:
- have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations between different people when carrying out their activities
In addition to these general duties, there are specific duties which require public bodies to publish relevant, proportionate information showing compliance with the Equality Duty and to set equality objectives. These reports are accessible by clicking on the reports button below.
The Equality Act also defined a number of groups that have protected characteristics, as follows:
- Sexual Orientation
- Religion or belief
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Gender reassignment
The Trust has developed a new strategy that outlines its commitment to this agenda, with key objectives and priorities identified in order to achieve its vision, aims and legal obligations.
For more information on key areas of this agenda, please click on the relevant buttons or contact Sharon Landrum, Diversity and Inclusion Adviser on ext 7475 or Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org. The Trust is working in partnership with its staff side colleagues so therefore please also feel free to contact Susan Kenny, Staff Side Lead for Diversity and Inclusion on ext 7415.
Sharon Landrum, Diversity & Inclusion Adviser
Equality Delivery System 2
The equality delivery system (EDS2) is a tool available to all NHS organisations to enable them to assess and grade their equality performance and to respond to the requirements of the public sector equality duty, therefore the Trust uses this as a framework in advancing equality and diversity.
Annual reviews are conducted utilising this tool and details of the last assessment is contained within the annual report.
Equality and Diversity
- Alzheimer's Society: This is Me Booklet Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Annual Equality and Diversity Board Report 2017 Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2017 Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Proud: Caring for lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans clients or patients Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Ramadan Fact Sheet 2017 Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Ramadan Health Guide Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- RCN Fair care for trans patients Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Your Rights Under The Accessible Information Standard Modified: 23/04/2018 11:38AM | Download:
- Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Report and Action Plan Modified: 25/09/2018 1:52PM | Download: