Awards and Accreditations
As a major NHS acute hospital trust for Wirral and the surrounding region, we hold many important accreditations:
- Investor in People (IIP) accredited organisation.
- NHSLA Level 2 accreditation.
- Level 3 General Medical Council accreditation.
- Our Trust Library and Knowledge Service is assessed as 97% compliant with the Library Quality Assurance Framework
- Accredited centre to deliver the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) introductory certificate.
- Accreditation to be a student training provider for the University of Chester for Dietetics which is reviewed on a regular basis. The Trust was last reviewed in 2012 and has been an approved trainer for consecutive years since the University of Chester started offering the dietetics course.
- Emergency Department accredited as a Trauma Unit which was awarded by the Cheshire and Merseyside Major Trauma Network.
- Critical Care Unit accredited for intermediate and advanced level Intensive Care Medicine training.
- The Trust accredited by the renal network as having as having 2 regional critical care renal beds.
- The Renal Unit achieved Practise Development Unit (PDU) status in 2009 with Leeds University and has successfully achieved re-accreditation in 2013. This demonstrates the renal unit is a leader in change and innovation providing the highest standard of renal care.
- Accredited Endometriosis Centre
- Accredited Colposcopy Service
- Microbiology is an accredited Institute of Biomedical Science Training Laboratory. It was approved by the Institute of Biomedical Science for specialist training in Medical Microbiology (valid until 03/10/2017).
And in addition to these existing creditations:
- The Urogynaecology Service is currently working towards the service being accredited for the BLISS Baby Charter.
- The Neonatal Unit has completed the work for the BLISS Baby Charter and are awaiting confirmation of accreditation.