Awards and Accreditations
As a major NHS acute hospital trust for Wirral and the surrounding region, we hold many important accreditations:
- Investor in People (IIP) accredited organisation.
- NHSLA Level 2 accreditation.
- Level 3 General Medical Council accreditation.
- Our Trust Library and Knowledge Service is assessed as 97% compliant with the Library Quality Assurance Framework
- Accredited centre to deliver the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) introductory certificate.
- Accreditation to be a student training provider for the University of Chester for Dietetics which is reviewed on a regular basis. The Trust was last reviewed in 2012 and has been an approved trainer for consecutive years since the University of Chester started offering the dietetics course.
- Emergency Department accredited as a Trauma Unit which was awarded by the Cheshire and Merseyside Major Trauma Network.
- Critical Care Unit accredited for intermediate and advanced level Intensive Care Medicine training.
- The Trust accredited by the renal network as having as having 2 regional critical care renal beds.
- The Renal Unit achieved Practise Development Unit (PDU) status in 2009 with Leeds University and has successfully achieved re-accreditation in 2013. This demonstrates the renal unit is a leader in change and innovation providing the highest standard of renal care.
- Accredited Endometriosis Centre
- Accredited Colposcopy Service
- Microbiology is an accredited Institute of Biomedical Science Training Laboratory. It was approved by the Institute of Biomedical Science for specialist training in Medical Microbiology (valid until 03/10/2017).
And in addition to these existing creditations:
- The Urogynaecology Service is currently working towards the service being accredited for the BLISS Baby Charter.
- The Neonatal Unit has completed the work for the BLISS Baby Charter and are awaiting confirmation of accreditation.
Together Awards 2019
Wirral University Teaching Hospital (WUTH) will soon host its annual staff recognition awards.