WUTH recognises the importance of supporting local people to undertake work experience within the Trust. Our future depends on attracting people to the wide range of careers on offer by increasing awareness of the different types of staff required to ensure the smooth running of large NHS Foundation Trust.
Work experience in the NHS offers the chance to see what the job is really like. It may confirm a person’s career choice, or open their eyes to other options that they hadn’t considered.
Within the NHS there is a wide range of career choices from doctors to nurses and allied health professions such as physiotherapists, dieticians, radiographers, porters, ward clerks and occupational therapy. The NHS also depends on other staff who work in administration, finance, IT, estates, human resources and other areas.
Work experience in the NHS offers the opportunity to sample a variety of jobs, across the whole range of interest and academic ability.
A record of work experience will be an advantage when applying for jobs or higher education courses.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to offering:
- NHS Taster Days
- Work Experience Placement
- Introduction to Medicine
Work Experience Placements
Work experience placements are provided in clinical and non-clinical work places with the Trust for learners aged from 14, restrictions in certain areas may apply.
- Placements are offered for clinical and non-clinical areas
- Placements are strictly observational only and learners will be supervised at all times
- Placements available throughout the year, subject to availability. We require 12 weeks’ notice to set up your placement so please ensure that you apply in plenty of time
If you are looking to apply for a work experience placement in:
- Non-clinical areas, such as Finance, IT, HR, Estates, etc. Please complete the Work experience form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical areas, such as Physiotherapy, Radiography, etc. Please complete the Work experience form below and email to email@example.com
For more information on NHS careers, please see the related links on the left hand side of this page.