[Skip to Content]
Wirral University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) clinic

Men and women with any problems related to passing urine (referred to as Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms) are seen in this clinic. They have an assessment by either a Urologist or a nurse specialist and have a flow test, bladder scan and symptom assessment questionnaires filled to clearly understand the symptoms faced by the individual. They are given advice or commenced on treatment or even offered surgical options. If you have urinary symptoms you may be asked to come to the clinic with a comfortably full bladder to do a ‘flow test’ to help in the diagnosis of your condition.