Hearing Aid Fitting Appointments
The hearing aid fitting will normally last for one hour. At this appointment the audiologist will use a computer to programme your hearing aids so that they suit you and give you the best results. You will be shown how to use and care for your hearing aids and how to get the best from them. If you would like to be accompanied by a friend, relative or carer we would welcome this. It can be very helpful to have someone with you to help with remembering all the information we will give you.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Trust Hearing Aid Services will provide all the continued support, maintenance and repair services you require to make best use of your hearing aids and you will be informed about arrangements for these services.
During your hearing aid fitting appointment, you will receive the following written information:
- Information about how your hearing aids work
- Information explaining about follow up, maintenance, repair and ongoing support services
- Where you can get NHS batteries in your local community
- A NHS Hearing Aid Record Book so that you can get batteries
- Information about additional services, organisations and equipment that may be useful to you
After The Hearing Aid Fitting.
To check how you are getting on and see whether there are any further adjustments needed or if there are any problems with your hearing aids, the Audiology Department will contact you by telephone, if appropriate. Alternatively a follow up appointment may be arranged to take place approximately 6 to 8 weeks after your fitting appointment.