It’s very important that you play an active role in your recovery while following the advice and guidance of your clinical team. Depending on what surgery you are having, complete recovery may take many weeks. Don’t worry if some days go better than others, as this is normal.
The following steps can help you recovery sooner
- Be positive about your recovery.
- Start to eat and drink as soon as possible as your body needs fuel to help it repair.
- Sit out of bed and dress in your usual clothes as soon as you are able.
- Getting up and about to reduce the risk of blood clots in the legs or lungs.
- Take deep breaths and cough properly to keep your lungs clear.
- Set goals and gradually build up your walking and movement.