Wirral and Chester Breast Screening Programme
At Wirral and Chester Breast Screening Programme we aim to provide and promote an efficient and effective, high quality breast screening service, to all eligible women within a caring environment.
Breast screening helps healthcare professionals to detect breast cancer at an early stage, which in turn improves the chances of survival. The NHS breast screening programme currently invites women aged between 50 and 70 who are registered as female with a GP, for a mammogram (x-ray of the breasts) once every three years. If you are eligible, you will automatically get your first invite for breast screening from your 50th year and up to your 53rd year. Then you'll be invited every 3 years until you turn 71.
If you're a trans man, trans woman or are non-binary you may be invited automatically, or you may need to talk to your GP surgery or call the local breast screening service to ask for an appointment.
Please contact us if you:
• Need additional support to attend screening, for example if you have a learning disability or mobility problems.
• Have breast implants.
• Have a pacemaker or any other implanted medical device.
• Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Are under the care of a breast consultant.
• Have had a mammogram in the last 6 months.