Wirral Hospital arrangements for Bank Holiday Monday
WUTH arrangements for Bank Holiday Monday 19th September 2022 for the State Funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Government has confirmed that Monday 19th September will be a Bank Holiday. As is usual for bank holidays, the NHS is here for you if you need our help.
We have considered carefully balancing the need to serve our patients, deliver urgent treatments and respect the wishes of patients and staff wishing to watch or attend the unique and solemn national occasion of the State Funeral of our late Queen.
We would like to reassure patients that if your appointment is affected, you will be contacted by either telephone or post. If you do not hear from us, please continue to attend your appointment as planned.
The public should continue to access NHS services in the same way, using NHS 111 online when you are feeling unwell and need advice to ensure you are directed to the right service to help you.
Please note the following information for patients wishing to access NHS services on the Bank Holiday weekend:
- The NHS remains open for you this bank holiday weekend, if you have an urgent care need, please don’t wait. Reach out for help by contacting NHS 111/NHS 111 online for urgent medical help.
- Some local Pharmacies may have different opening hours during a bank holiday search “find a pharmacy NHS” to find an open pharmacy near you.
- If you need urgent dental treatment this bank holiday, contact your regular dentist, if you cannot contact your dentist use NHS 111 online for information about your local out of hours service.
- By re-stocking medicine cabinets, knowing when your GP practice is open and planning ahead for repeat prescriptions, you can ensure you have everything you need ahead of the bank holiday weekend.
- You can order your medication using the NHS App, or through their GP practice, which may also have an online service.
- For all other urgent health needs over the bank holiday, contact NHS111 online www.111.nhs.uk or by phoning 111.
If your mental or emotional state quickly gets worse or deteriorates, it is important to get help quickly. Wirral’s All Age Mental Health Crisis Line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to people of all ages – including children and young people. Please call 0800 145 6485 and staff will support you to access the help you need. Other local mental health support services are available. Please visit www.cwp.nhs.uk/contact/need-urgent-help/ for further information.
A handy guide is available for you to download to help you access the right health advice and treatment in Wirral over the bank holiday.