Good evening, This is our updated website. We are still working on it. Your feedback will help us improve it.
[Skip to Content]
Wirral University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Site Search

Compliments and Concerns

Our staff aim to provide a high standard of care, however we realise that there may be times when we do not always get things right.

We welcome comments and suggestions about how our service can be improved for you and others. If you have a problem with our service, or can suggest ways that we can improve your experience at our hospital, please tell us.

Who can complain or raise concerns?

Anyone who is receiving care or treatment at WUTH can make a complaint. Sometimes you might just want to raise a concern with us rather than make a formal complaint. With your permission, a relative, friend or carer can make a complaint, or raise concerns, on your behalf.

How do I make a complaint?

In the first instance you can raise your concerns with someone providing your care. Most concerns can usually be resolved immediately with the staff who are looking after you. This may be your nurse, midwife, doctor or health worker. Explain what has happened and they will do their best to put things right as quickly as possible.

The organisation has a Matron’s Helpline for patients and visitors to speak to a senior member of nursing staff regarding any questions or concerns they may have. The Helpline is available between Monday and Friday from 9am to 8pm to patients and visitors in Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge hospitals. The number is 07826 858846.

You contact a member of the Patient Experience Team, who can provide help or advice on how to make a complaint or to discuss your concerns. The team may be contacted by telephone one 0800 432 0251, or by email to    or in writing at:

Patient Experience Team

Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Arrowe Park Road



CH49 5PE

Can someone help me to make a complaint?

You might prefer to talk to someone independent. Healthwatch Wirral can offer free advice and support to anyone making a complaint. They can be contacted on 0151 230 8957 or email