What are we looking for in a volunteer?
Volunteering at Wirral University Teaching Hospitals can offer a great opportunity to give something back or broadening your experience to your local community. Hospitals are busy places that care for sick and critically ill patients and their families which can be challenging yet rewarding.
To be a volunteer you need to be able to commit to the role fully and ensure you are the right type of person to volunteer in a hospital environment.
Volunteers should be:
- Friendly and approachable
- Willing to help us promote equality and diversity in the workplace
- Caring and good listeners
- Comfortable approaching people to offer help
- Able to work independently and use initiative after initial training
- Emotionally mature and able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Available to offer a regular weekly commitment of at least 2 hours for 6 months or more