Each role has a specific list of duties that the volunteer can undertake, however all volunteers should also:
- Be polite, courteous and respectful to others
- Get to know the hospital layout and be a source of information
- Direct or escort patients and visitors to their appropriate destination
- Wear the Trust volunteer ID badge and uniform at all times
- Promote a positive image of the hospital, staff and voluntary services
- Uphold the values of the Trust
Before you can start in a voluntary role there is a registration process which involves a number of different steps. See section on how to apply.