How can the COPD sessions help me?
The COPD nurses based at the service are able to help patients with:
- Information about their condition
- Information about inhalers and inhaler technique
- Information and assessment for nebulisers
- What to do when a patient has a flare up (exacerbation) and how to spot the early warning signs of an infection
- Support with their COPD
- Optimising their medication
- Can refer to other health care professionals and to Pulmonary Rehabilitation if appropriate
The COPD nurses are available Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm to take calls and answer any queries or concerns in regards to a patient's COPD. If there isn't a nurse available when the patient calls, the nurse will always call back.