The delivery suite is where anyone who isn’t low risk will be give birth, this is also where care is given to ladies who are high risk and requiring additional care in the antenatal, intrapartum or postnatal period.
Who isn’t low risk? - Anyone who is being induced, less than 37 weeks pregnant, has a high risk obstetric or medical condition, unwell or with a fetal well-being concern.
- 8 Delivery rooms – 7 are ensuite
- High risk pool room (Use subject to criteria & availability)
- 2 High Dependency rooms
- Emergency maternity theatre and recovery room
- Bereavement suite
- Level 3 Neonatal Unit in immediate vicinity
- There are two designated Maternity Theatres directly linked to the Delivery Suite and MLU which are staffed 24 hours per day for elective and emergency surgery
A new Induction of Labour suite is also in the process of being developed on delivery suite.