COVID-19 Exceptional Circumstances
People are advised that there will be visiting allowed in the following exceptional circumstances:
- A maximum of two visitors for patients at the end of their life.
- One birthing partner accompanying a woman in labour.
- One partner accompanying a woman to their 20 week antenatal scans. Risk assessments of environments should be undertaken.
- One parent or appropriate adult visiting a child; this may include multiple parents although only one may be present at any time, this also includes Neonatal Services.
- One carer who is supporting someone with a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability, autism, Down’s syndrome or other similar complex conditions where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
- In exceptional cases consideration will be given to individual requests following a comprehensive risk assessment.
- A patient who is deteriorating, or the ward has contacted a family member to come to the hospital immediately.
- Breaking bad news.
Before visiting in these exceptions circumstances any visitor should contact the clinical area to discuss appropriate arrangements.