What are outreach library services?
Outreach library services are designed to support the work, learning and development needs of NHS staff working for or on placement in Wirral who are not based near to a branch of the Trust Library & Knowledge Service (TLKS). Staff working for or on placement with the following organisations are eligible to access outreach library services:
- Wirral Community Trust
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre
- Wirral University NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral Community Trust GPs and other community-based professionals
What services are offered?
Inter Library Loan Service
Books and journal articles can be requested and can be collected from the library or delivered to your place of work. For more information about our Inter Library Loans Service.
Training and support
The LKS training team deliver a Training Programme of customised sessions. The programme includes sessions on Finding and Critiquing Evidence, Reflective and Academic Writing, Professional Revalidation and Care Certificate (for candidates and assessors) support. Group training sessions targeted specifically for your team can also be delivered at your place of work at a time to suit you and your team. Please contact the Librarian with responsibility for outreach services via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options and customisation available.
Literature Searching Service
The library team aim to provide a Literature Searching Service available to for those employed by or on placement with NHS Wirral. For more details about this service and to download a Literature Search request form.
Evidence Alerts aim to keep you up to date with the latest (as well as anticipated) developments in your particular healthcare interest area.
At Pop Up Library, the library comes to you, saving you time and enabling evidence based practice!
Visit Pop Up Library to…
- Find out about the key information resources that you need to know about, and how to access them
- Pick up new techniques to search for information effectively
- Find out how the Library & Knowledge Service can support Journal Clubs, research / audit activity, academic study, nurse revalidation
- Subscribe to our Evidence Alerts e-bulletins
- Sign up to our training sessions, including ‘Finding the Evidence’, ‘Intro to Critical Appraisal’, ‘Reflective Writing for Revalidation’ sessions
- Meet the Outreach Services Librarian, your key point of contact for library support
How can I contact the Trust Library and Knowledge Service about outreach services?
Please contact: Linda Taylor (Outreach Services Librarian) via the library helpdesk - 0151 604 7223; email: email@example.com
Did you know that you can register for Library membership without visiting the Library? If you wish to use this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that you can receive material loans by post? If you wish to use this service please email email@example.com