Library & Knowledge Service
Nursing and Midwifery Revalidation
How the Library can help you with revalidation
The components of revalidation are to:
- Practise a minimum of 450 hours over the three years prior to the renewal of registration
- Undertake 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Obtain five pieces of practice‐related feedback
- Record a minimum of five written reflections on the Code, CPD and practice related feedback
- Provide a health and character declaration
- Declare appropriate cover under an indemnity arrangement
- Gain confirmation, from a third party, that revalidation requirements have been met
The Library & Knowledge Service can help you find the necessary evidence of best practice, so you in turn can demonstrate your fitness to practice.
To help you find and demonstrate the evidence, we offer the following services & training:
- We provide dedicated print and electronic evidence resources to help you keep up-to-date
- Many of the electronic resources require an NHS Athens password.
- We provide training in information search skills so you can develop the skills to find the evidence for yourself and reflect on it.
- Request First Steps in Searching or Finding the Evidence session for you and/or your colleagues
- Request a Reflective Writing session for you and/or your colleagues
- We provide training in Critical Appraisal skills so you can develop the skills to assess how robust and reliable original research is using appropriate tools
- We offer to do information searches with you on your chosen subjects
- We obtain journal articles & publications for you, which you might need to read to stay abreast of developments in your field of expertise
- We provide an Evidence Alerts service which alerts you to new innovations, improvements, best practice, news and evidence in your chosen areas of interest
- We support Journal Club activity which enables groups to present and critique original research of interest and relevant to their specialty and in itself is great evidence
- Access to the library and its facilities, study space, computers and printers.