Investors in People
Our Trust is an accredited Investors in People (IIP) organisation. We originally started to work with IIP in the early 1990s not long after the Investors in People standard was launched and we are extremely proud to have had a long standing accreditation.
What is Investors in People?
The Investors in People Standard is a business improvement tool designed to help employers improve performance by linking staff development and skills acquisition to the specific aims and objectives of our businesses, to assess and improve the performance of our employees.
At the heart of our business is the quality of care that we give to our patients. It’s extremely important that the organisation has a complete picture that our staff can understand:
- The vision and goals of the organisation
- Their contribution to the experience of our patients
- The importance of the delivering quality care
- The importance of having an effective workforce
- The importance of being competent and efficient
- The importance of continuous professional development
- The importance of best practice
The Trust has found the external assessment of the Investors in People accreditation to be an essential component in gathering information that can improve our performance.