- A ▼
- B ▼
- Cellular Pathology
- Children’s Outpatients
- Chaplaincy ▼
- CT scan (also known as Computerised Tomography)
- Children's Audiology / Hearing Aids
- Children’s Emergency Department
- Clinical Education and Development ▼
- COPD ▼
- Critical Care Department
- D ▼
- E ▼
- F ▼
- G ▼
- H ▼
- I ▼
- K ▼
- L ▼
- M ▼
- N ▼
- O ▼
- Paediatric Audiology
- Pharmacy ▼
- Physiotherapy Services
- Palliative and End of Life Care (1) ▼
- Practice Educational Facilitator (P.E.F) Team ▼
- R ▼
- Screening ▼
- Sexual Health Wirral
- Stroke Services ▼
- Substance Misuse ▼
- Tests, scans and investigations ▼
- Translation and Interpretation
- Tuberculosis (TB Services) ▼
- Trauma and Orthopaedic ▼
- U ▼
- V ▼
- W ▼
- X ▼
The Bereavement Services aims to ensure that the families of patients who have passed away in our hospital are cared for from the point of losing their loved one.
The staff working in our Bereavement Services team understand how important it is for people to receive the right support during such emotional and difficult times. They provide practical guidance such as how to register a death and where to start with planning a funeral as well as other information such as where to go for bereavement support.
If your loved one has passed away, you should have received an ‘In Your Loss’ booklet from the ward staff who were caring for them. This includes a phone number for you to make an appointment with the bereavement team, who will support you through the process of what do next. You can also download the booklet by clicking on the image below.
Our office is located on the first floor of 'D Block', which is at the rear of Arrowe Park Hospital. The ‘In Your Loss’ booklet also contains a map of where to find us as we have dedicated car parking spaces outside the office for the convenience of people visiting the service.
The Bereavement Services Office opening/closing times:
- Open to Hospital staff and Funeral Directors from 8.00am to 16.00pm
- Open to families from 10.00am to 16.00pm, all families must ring the Bereavement Services Department after 12pm the day following the death to arrange an appointment.
To contact the Bereavement Office, please call 0151 604 7436 or our main switchboard on 0151 678 5111 and ask for extensions 2002 or 2063.