- For Care ▼
- For Volunteering ▼
- For Work ▼
- For Events ▼
What are we looking for in a volunteer?
Volunteering at Wirral University Teaching Hospitals can offer a great opportunity to give something back to your local community. However, hospitals can be very challenging environments. They are busy places that care for sick and critically ill patients and their families which can be distressing.
Therefore, to be a volunteer you need to be able to commit to the role fully and ensure you are the right type of person to volunteer in a hospital environment.
Volunteers need to be:
- Friendly and approachable
- Caring and good listeners
- Comfortable approaching people to offer help
- Able to work independently and use initiative after initial training period
- Emotionally mature and able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Able to offer a regular weekly commitment for at least six months